International progress for Health Technology Wales at HTAi 2019
We recently returned from the HTAi 2019 Annual Meeting and we’re happy to report plenty of progress with our international colleagues.
The four-day conference was held in Cologne, Germany, and brought together over a thousand Health Technology Assessment (HTA) professionals from 60 countries around the world.
The annual meeting facilitates the exchange of information, expertise, research and discussions in policy. It cultures innovation in HTA approaches and the effective use of organisational resources.
The Health Technology Wales team submitted seven abstracts, detailing our work as a national body. They were all accepted and presented as posters, talks or vignettes.
Click on the links below to view the presentations:
- Developing a Celtic Connections Regional HTA Alliance (Oral)
- Prioritising Introduction of Radiotherapy Procedures (Vignette)
- Establishing HTA Impact Evaluation From Day One (Poster)
- Smart Capability Building For Effective Patient Involvement (Poster)
- Bevan Health Tech Exemplars: Early Dialogue To Systematise HTA (Poster)
- Telemonitoring With Pacemakers For Patients With Heart Failure In NHS Wales (Poster)
- A Stakeholder-Informed Strategy for Effective Communication (Poster)
Health Technology Wales also hosted an exhibition stand to raise our profile and share our work with the global HTA community.
Appraisal Panel member Dr Sally Lewis also attended and presented on a panel for HTA & Medical Devices: The Past, Present & Future of Medical Device Value Assessment. Click here to read about Sally’s experience.
We wish good luck to our colleagues from Beijing, China, who are hosting next year’s HTAi Annual Meeting 2020. HTAi also announced that the 2021 conference will be held in Manchester, UK, and we’re happy to be a member of the Local Organising Committee.